To be considered for financial aid at Big Bend Community College, all students must complete the FAFSA or WASFA and all other required documents as requested.
- For U.S. citizens, permanent residents and other eligible non-citizens:
- For non-citizens who graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED in Washington, have lived in Washington for three years prior to graduating and continuously lived in Washington since earning the high school diploma or GED.
- Please make sure to include Big Bend Community College as a school you send your FAFSA or WASFA too. BBCC federal school code of the FAFSA is 003770.
- 5-7 business days after you submit your FAFSA or WASFA, BBCC Financial Aid will notify you via email if any additional information is missing. You can now log into the Financial Aid Portal to view and download any additional documentation required to submit.
- Username – Social Security Number
- Password – Six-digit Date of Birth (MMDDYY)
- Submit all requested financial aid documents to the Financial Aid Office via in-person, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1.888.820.2896.
- Priority Funding Dates
- Summer – April 15th
- Fall Quarter – July 15th
- Winter Quarter – November 15th
- Spring Quarter – February 15th
- Once your file is complete, Financial Aid Staff will review your file for eligibility of any federal or state financial aid. A completed file will consist of a completed FAFSA or WASFA, application for admissions to BBCC, and submission of any requested documentation.
- After your file is reviewed, if you are eligible for any federal or state grant aid or work study, you will receive a Financial Aid Award Letter via email. You can also see these awards on the Financial Aid Portal.
- If you have not received an award letter, continue to monitor the Financial Aid Portal and your email for the award letter or requests for additional documentation.
- Check your mail for information on how to select your refund preference with BankMobile. For more information about BankMobile, visit this link : https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/how-it-works/
- Your financial aid awards are automatically set up to full-time enrollment (12 credits or more).
- If you enroll in less than 12 credits, your awards will be adjusted accordingly to your enrollment status.
- If you know that you will not be full-time (12 credits or less), notify the financial aid office once your schedule is set so they can adjust your awards accordingly.
Big Bend will communicate any requests for additional information via email. Please keep your email current and check it often. You can also use the Financial Aid Portal on the Financial Aid Home page to check the status of your application.